Tuesday 15 May 2012

Marina and the Diamonds Forced to Postpone UK Tour


      Following in the footsteps of Adele, Marina Diamandis, A.K.A. Marina of Marina and the Diamonds has had to postpone her UK tour due to vocal problems.  

      The twenty-six year old ‘I’m Not a Robot’ songstress has involuntarily postponed her UK tour which was due to start this Thursday at London’s Tabernacle. All dates have been rescheduled aside from Marina’s planned performance at Live at Leeds, which was due to be on the 5th of May.


Marina’s full statement is as follows:

      "It is with huge regret that I have had to postpone my UK tour dates due to medical advice. I have been experiencing vocal problems for 3 weeks now and consequently today the Doctor has told me that I cannot sing performance length shows while I undergo treatment, or I could cause permanent damage to my vocal chords.”

      She continues; “I am distraught... …together, we will make the rescheduled June Lonely Hearts Club tour unforgettable.”

Marina Diamandis

  Marina and the Diamonds’ brand new album ‘Electra Heart’ was released on the 29th of April, with more of a poppier sound than Diamandis has ever had before. ‘Power and Control’ has been named as the next single from the record, following ‘Primmadonna’ which peaked at number 11 in the UK Singles Chart.


 Rescheduled Tour Dates:

1.       Norwich Waterfront (18th June)
2.       Glasgow O2 ABC (20th June)
3.       Edinburgh Queen's Hall (21st June)
4.       Manchester Cathedral (22nd June)
5.       Leamington Spa Assembly (24th June)
6.       London Tabernacle (25th June)
7.       Cardiff Corn Exchange (27th June)
8.       Birmingham Institute (29th June)
9.       Sheffield Leadmill (30th June)

Tickets are £20 excluding any transaction or postage charges. They can still be purchased for some dates at www.seetickets.com/Tour/marina-and-the-diamonds

No comments:

Post a Comment